Windows 10 may be the most intuitive operating system ever. But it’s no secret that navigating its interface can sometimes be tricky. Sometimes, after you delete an app you’ll find it back on your screen the next day or in a few weeks. If you want to make sure that apps are truly gone forever, there are some ways to go about it. Here are ten tips to help you archive apps on Windows 10.
How to remove apps from Windows 10
1. Go to Settings, Apps, and Features.
2. Find the app you want to delete in the list of apps on the left and right sides of the screen.
3. Hover over the app and click Uninstall on the bottom left corner of the screen to remove it from Windows 10.
4. The next time you want to reinstall that app, go back into Settings, Apps, and Features, click Manage optional features in Optional Features, look for Add or Remove programs and find the desired app.
5. Click the Install button at the top-left corner of your screen to reinstall that app.
Delete apps from the search bar
First, go to Settings > Apps. Click on the app you want to remove. Then click on the “X” in the top-right corner of the screen and confirm deletion.
Remove apps with PowerShell
If you’re not a programmer, don’t worry! You can also remove apps with PowerShell. To do this, follow these steps:
1) Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard to open the WinX menu.
2) Type PowerShell into the search bar and press Enter on your keyboard.
3) In Powershell, type Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage and press Enter. This will tell you what all of the apps are in your system.
4) Check off everything that is not an app you want to keep or an app you want to be removed from your system by typing –remove into the command line and press Enter.
Remove app using the new Settings screen
The first thing you should try is using the Settings screen to remove an app. To do this, go to PC Settings->System->Apps & features. From there, scroll down to the bottom and select “Remove or uninstall a program”.
Remove app using the old Control Panel
If you can’t find the app in the list of apps that appears on your start menu, you can use the old Control Panel to remove it.
1. Right-click on the Start button and select Programs and Features
2. In System, scroll down to find the app you want to remove
3. Click Uninstall or Change/Remove
4. Follow the prompts for removal
Uninstall unused apps in Windows 10’s App List
One of the best ways to remove an app from your Windows 10 device is to go through the list of apps and uninstall them. To do this, open up the Start menu and search for “all apps.” This will open up the list of all installed apps on your computer. You can then uninstall the unused apps by right-clicking on them and choosing “Uninstall.” If you want to know more about why you should be uninstalling some of these apps, Microsoft has a guide with a few suggestions: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/delete-unused-apps
This is one way that Windows 10 makes it easy to delete unneeded apps; however, it’s not always good enough when you need to get rid of an app that isn’t on your list of apps.
Uninstall unwanted apps using PowerShell
The first step is to open PowerShell as an administrator. To do so, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time. Select “Run as administrator” from the options that appear on your screen. Once you have done this, type in “PowerShell” into the search bar and hit enter.
When the PowerShell window opens up, type in “Get-AppxPackage –AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage -WhatIf” without quotes and hit enter again. The next command is an easy way to see what apps are currently installed on your computer:
$apps = Get-AppxPackage;
This line will output a list of all of your current apps and a list of their names as well as whether they have been uninstalled or not. Now it’s time to get started. Type in “Remove-AppxPackage PackageName1, PackageName2, etc” without quotes and hit enter until you have removed all of the unwanted apps that you want to get rid of.
It is important to remove unused apps on your Windows 10 computer because they may be a security risk and they limit the performance of your computer.