Canon printers are the best printers as they help you get the best quality prints whenever you want. The printers have great printing and boast huge features, which makes them popular among many users worldwide.
Although they’re great, users can face unexpected situations like the canon printer offline, not working, and more. In this blog, we’re going to show you deal with one such problem; keep reading to find an answer to the query: why does my canon printer say offline?
2. How to Troubleshoot Canon Printer Offline Problem on Mac?
Why Does My Canon Printer Say Offline on Mac?
Lots of reasons that result in the canon printer offline issue on Mac. Knowing the leading cause can help users to deal with the issue effectively and make the printer work again. Let’s explore each cause right below:
- Outdated drivers
- Corrupted software files
- Change of router password
- The issue in connection with the Printer and Mac
- Wireless network disconnection
- Third-party software conflicting with drivers
The reasons don’t end here. You need to find the main cause for the canon printer offline issue to get the problem solved in the best possible way.
How to Troubleshoot Canon Printer Offline Problem on Mac?
Mainly there are two ways to get a Canon printer connected to your Mac computer. But due to one or another reason, the Canon printer turns offline and quits printing. There are essential steps that help you to get rid of these issues; want to know which are those? Check the steps to know how to deal with the Canon printer offline problem on Mac.
Check Weather Your PC and Printer are Connected Adequately
The very first thing that you need to consider is to ensure that your printer is connected to your PC. Connection issues between your Mac and printer can sometimes result in a canon printer offline issue; hence it becomes vital for you to check the connection without fail. This is the primary step that you can’t ignore. Ensure to check that your PC is connected to the Mac or not.
Don’t Forget About Checking the USB Connection
Is your Canon printer connected to Mac using a USB cable? If yes, then follow the below steps:
- Hold the power button to reboot the printer
- Delete the printer through the Printers and Scanners option on Mac
- Now uninstall all the drivers related
- Disconnect the USB cable
- Now it’s time to download and install the Canon printer’s latest drivers
- Restart the Canon printer ➜ connect the USB cable
- Go to the Printer and Scanners option ➜ click on + to add a new printer
- You’re all set; the Canon printer is online now and ready to help you get everything printed
What About the Wireless Connection
Is your Canon printer wireless and connected to your Mac using the wireless network? If yes, then the above-listed steps will not work for you; you need to try the below.
- First, try to solve the problem by rebooting the printer by pressing the power button
- Go to Apple icon ➜ System preference ➜ Printers and Scanners
- Select the Printers and Scanners option to remove it on Mac
- Turn the Canon printer On ➜ Make all the essential setup for the wireless connection
- Reconnect it with the router ➜ Uninstall the outdated drivers
- Download & install the latest version of the Canon printer drivers
- Go to Apple icon ➜ System Preferences ➜ Printers and Scanners
- No, add the Canon Printer again to the Mac
- Here you go; your Canon Wireless Printer is ready to print
The above-listed steps can help you deal with canon printer says offline problems. But if you’re still facing the Canon printer offline issue, you can get support from the Canon Printer support team to help you with the same.